Life In Fast Rewind

Life In Fast Rewind

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Of What Am I

I wrote this poem after my last residency. I was just rumbling along on the train, and I started thinking about how many places I have been and the number of experiences I have had and how, even still, there is so much I know nothing about. So this is what came out.


Of what am I:

Poetic injustice
What of that does my heart know?
What of hurt and pain and sorrow?

Love fable
What of that do I truly feel?
What of joy and happiness have I kept?

Popular sub-culture
What of that do I deserve?
What of labels and non-conforming conformists have I been?

Epic Prosaic
What of hope have I experienced?
What of Romance, and inspiration have I explored?

Of what am I
To where I have been
I am not indebted
For what of them have I known?

1 comment: