Life In Fast Rewind

Life In Fast Rewind

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Six

I wrote this today. For those who know what is going on in my life, my mother was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer this weekend. It was discovered when she went in for a hernia surgery, and it was totally unexpected. I have been able to process a bit now, but it was a shock and devastating news. Anyway, I wrote this about that experience. Thanks for reading.




Six

Six letters
Previously insignificant
And my world has crashed
Around me
My heart is ripped in two

Be strong
Keep hope
They say

Six letters
Useless without
The context to break me
My soul
Is screaming out for reason

Don't dwell
Stay positive
They say

Six letters
Hit me
In bits and pieces
In lines and moments
Only Processing
I only feel them in glimpses

It's Ovarian
Then chemo
They say

Six letters
The world
I thought I knew
Is nothing that I ever knew
For you
I will be strong

I pray
I love
I say

1 comment:

  1. Powerful! I know what you mean - right. We deal with this stuff all the time - with other people. Hospital visits, prayer requests etc.. and then it comes home.

    You are the best Jamie!

    ReplyDelete